Sound System

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Sound System

Aptera Community Aptera Discussions Sound System

• Sound System

• Dennis Swaney

June 8, 2022 at 12:38 pm

Will there be an Aux port in the sound system? I figure it will have Bluetooth but I have legacy equipment that doesn’t have BT and requires use of an 1/8″ audio cable. On a related note, will there be a 12vdc power port as my legacy equipment uses between 6 & 12 vdc so a 5v USB port won’t do.

• Konijnerd the Great

June 8, 2022 at 1:12 pm

I just need build in spotify or android auto and im set. On that note, please make sure android auto works wireless….

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 8, 2022 at 2:22 pm

You know, as I understand it, since Google is discontinuing Android Auto, and switching to “Driving Mode” I kind of doubt many companies will support it in their vehicles in the future, or am I missing something here.

• Paul Schultz

June 8, 2022 at 4:11 pm

Google Assistant Driving Mode will work with an Android Auto compatible head unit. What will be going away is the previous ability to use Android Auto directly on your cell phone. So, no more using a phone mount to have Android Auto on a car without a compatible head unit. GADM in preliminary depictions looks very similar to the Android Auto experience. As is typical of Google, they make confusing product development changes that don’t provide clarity.

• Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz)

June 8, 2022 at 5:07 pm

That helps Paul, Thanks. I haven’t been using pretty much anything, but will need to familiarize myself with something soon, and whatever it is, it will be Android based.

• kerbe2705

June 8, 2022 at 8:59 pm

@Oz (It’s Oz, just Oz) GADM is already active on all Android phones running Android 9 through 12. My car has Android Auto (and Apple CarPlay) so I’ve never used it on just the phone – but there’s no discernable difference using it on the car’s screen.

This page seems to disagree with @Paul Schultz’s comment, above: https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/10217503?hl=en

At one point Founder Chris said that Aptera would not have AA or ACP but, more recently, he seemed to suggest that it might.

• Bart Cunningham

June 9, 2022 at 1:28 am

I do remember him saying it would not have AA which is an issue for me. I have not heard him say AA will be supported but that would make me very happy! I hope it is also wireless AA! I do have a preorder with the better sound package and I really hope AA is included as over the air radio stations around here are next to worthless.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

or to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now