Squad solar ev

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Squad solar ev

Aptera Community Solar EV Industry News Squad solar ev

• Squad solar ev

Posted by curtis-cibinel on November 10, 2023 at 8:05 am

With lightyear and sono dead Aptera was considered the last sev standing. In the recent fully charged vote (ev owners only) I noticed that in the most innovative category is another solar ev maker. https://www.squadmobility.com/squad#

It is essentially a solar golf cart with a top speed (on its fastest version) of 75 kph (45 mph) and 100 km (60 mile) range. It is essentially a slightly more powerful road legal golf cart with a solar roof. It is however CHEAP at for $6700-$10000 (most electric golf carts are $10000-$13000). I don’t expect the nev concept to work well in North America but the concept seems like it could work for the right person especially in Europe and if they can make them that cheap they really should sell them as golf carts as the solar could probably eliminate the need to have staff charge them.

• This discussion was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Curtis Cibinel. Reason: Added picture - which ironically looks like a golf coarse
    david-marlow replied 4 months, 1 week ago 8 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Squad solar ev

• Greek

November 10, 2023 at 8:46 am

Kind of a cheaper cruder version of a Smart Fortwo. Although I could have stood 2 golf bags in my 4two cabrio, I don’t see any space to convert these into golf carts without highly fabricating them or have a bicycle like hitch in the back.

• Saturnine

November 11, 2023 at 9:09 am

I wonder if someone I know in a 55+ community, where many use golf carts for “around town” driving and errands could use this. It seems like a good solution for some use cases.

• ray-holan

November 12, 2023 at 4:52 am
    • curtis-cibinel

November 12, 2023 at 4:01 pm

Definitely similar. Again this vehicle makes a lot of some sense in european cities or modified as a golf cart; definitely not an all purpose vehicle. It is simple and cheap.

• michael-kruse

December 20, 2023 at 9:01 pm

I ordered one as I live in a gated community where I can drive to the gym, restaurants, Pickleball courts or neighbors! Very cute and St. George, UT gets 300 days of sunshine every year.

• rich

November 15, 2023 at 5:54 am

i pre-ordered one to express interest for use in AZ as a grocery-getter / golf cart. not sure how one accesses golf clubs in this unit. but its fast enough for my parents as they are in their 80’s. doors w/ a/c please. could be popular at golf courses if done right. anywhere else in the states, it make zero sense. the pre-order cost $0 and is non-binding. i bet we never see it. cheaper than a gem and less ugly than 99 % of golf carts.

• Gozer

December 21, 2023 at 9:05 am

My Arcimoto FUV has more utility for the money, and is better suited for the SoCal market.

• david-marlow

December 24, 2023 at 9:44 am

All forms of EV’s are important and Aptere is one of the best at protecting our world. Power generation is another piece of the pie. Industries and rasing beef are also siginifivent contributers. This year is the hotest on record and with regular weather influncing issues peeking next year it will be hotter. People will be more motivated to do more, but after that things will get a little better for a wile and the desire to do something will be reduced. It is still improtant that Aptera get into production to give people hope, that things can be done while saving money.

or to reply.